As I sit here on hold for an agent so that I can keep them in the office a little past closing time in order to pay my bill, (hey, I called 5 minutes before)... I am reminded of how much I push my own self against the wall. All this time, I thought I was just unorganized. But the reason I do this has now become crystal clear to me after so many years of chaos. It is so that I can make sure I still have "it". What is "it"?
IT is the ability to do something that most people, organized people, will take care of in advance to avoid a mad 6pm deadline dash. IT is the stuff that pulls every nerve ending to the surface to be scrutinized for weakness...If one nerve ending is not standing straight up then the adrenalin must not be working right. "IT" is not for the faint but for those who like that 'S' on their chest! (you may be thinking, S does not stand for Super but keep that to yourself).
Yes, I am that "work well under pressure" type. We know who we are. It's not that we do not have the where withal or the means to tackle that project. It's not that we are lacking in the common sense area or not very bright. On the contrary, we can be extremely forward thinking, creative and very passionate people. The thing is, unless there is someone following us to either warn us or cheer us on, we simply believe that we can enjoy the day, make new friends, revive old relationships, dabble in social networks, have lunch and still have plenty of time to take care of the "must do's" on our list. The "IT" factor...I have to be absolutely certain that I can run like a maniac into the bank before they lock the doors, pay a bill by 5:59pm and make my grand entrance right as the lights go off and the curtain lifts. Who does this?
But what's the thrill without the chase right? And the exhale after...aaaaahhhhhhh. What a rush. This exhillerating release of overstimulated neurons never disappoints. I am once again granted the calm assurance and gentle reminder that I've still got IT ! Now, where's my keys?
Love it and you! Sherri
ReplyDeleteThanks Sherri ! Glad and thankful for your feedback. Hoping my gift of gab takes off! Much love to you!
ReplyDelete